- If you are interested in motorcoach charters or
escorted tours, ask for the charters/tour department
when you call.
- For motorcoach charters, provide the company with
details on the destination, exact itinerary, the
approximate number of people, and the types of activities
your group is interested in; then inquire about
trip costs. Also, ask for recommendations on lodging,
restaurants and tourist attractions. Motorcoach
and tour company professionals deal with these organizations
constantly and can negotiate favorable group rates.
- Inquire about the type, age and model of the coach
the company will provide and about restrooms, videos,
music, and other amenities. Short trips may not
require the "extras" and may reduce costs.
- On prepackaged tours, decide in advance how much
you want to spend. Costs usually includes transportation,
meals, lodging, tips, baggage handling, and attractions
- Inquire about and understand the company's policies
on payment and cancellation before you charter a
coach or book an escorted tour.